Published: August 21, 2019
LED technology has been all the rage in skincare lately, and for good reason. It helps to tighten the skin, lessen the appearance of wrinkles, and give the skin an overall brighter, more even glow.
So how can you incorporate this amazing technology into your own skincare routine?
Well, Jelessi has come up with handheld devices that deliver all the benefits of LED directly to your skin. You can do this from the comfort of your own home, without appointments or travel time.
Plus, it’s super easy to include it into your existing skincare routine!
Jelessi Torchē V2+
The Torche V2+ is for anyone who wants a youthful glow again. This nifty device helps to eliminate wrinkles, creases, and all other common aging symptoms.
How does it work? Well, the LED technology in the Torche V2+ does this by stimulating and restoring the hypodermis layer of skin.
What’s the hypodermis layer of skin?
The hypodermis is also referred to as the subcutaneous layer, which is the deepest layer of the skin, after the epidermis and dermis. It is this deep layer of skin that we’re concerned about.
So why is it important?
- There are vital cells located in the hypodermis layer of skin such as macrophages, fibroblasts, adipose tissue (better known as fat tissue), connective tissue and large blood vessels and veins.
- It stores fat, which is also energy, and helps to regulate our body temperature.
- It is also in control of the hormone leptin. Leptin is the hormone that controls your overeating; it signals the body when it is time to stop eating.
As you can see, the hypodermis layer is very important. But, what matters most is how this layer of skin is important in the rejuvenation of your skin in general.
How is the hypodermis layer important when dealing with aging skin?
As we age, the amount of fat in the hypodermis layer decreases. This is what causes the skin to sag. Without the supportive tissue in the hypodermis layer, the epidermis layer will then wrinkle and droop. Bone and muscle mass will also decrease. This will occur mostly in the face and neck areas.
When aging symptoms begin, most people turn to topical creams and serums to improve their appearance of skin. However, topical creams and serums work only on the epidermis layer of the skin, and very rarely penetrate into the dermis layer, let alone the hypodermis.
This is where the Jelessi Torche V2+ comes in. By delivering controlled amounts of LED to the skin, it is able to stimulate all layers of the skin, right down to the hypodermis. This helps to stimulate collagen and elastin production while boosting blood circulation, all of which helps to smooth away wrinkles and encourage a smoother, more youthful appearance.
Even better, the Jelessi Torche V2+ helps to enhance topical product absorption, which means that your topical creams and serums will be even more effective.
With just a few minutes per week, you can boost your skincare routine and enhance your overall radiance. We recommend using the Jelessi Torche V2+ 4-5 times a week, either during the day or in the evening. For each treatment section, we suggest using the Jelessi Torche V2+ for 3-5 minutes for best results.
Photonix-3 Neck Solution
It’s so common for people to ignore their neck area and only focus on preventing aging in their face. But the truth is, the skin on the neck is some of the thinnest on the body, which means that any lines and loose skin will show up very visibly on the neck and décolleté area.
Here are a few aging symptoms that you may encounter on your neck:
- Brown spots and pigment changes – discoloration on the neck could be caused by excessive sun damage from UV sun rays that have caused the skin in that area to become thin
- Wrinkles and fine lines – wrinkling skin is due to a reduction of collagen and connective tissue in the hypodermis layer of skin
- Drooping skin – as we age, the skin will begin to sag and droop along the neck area; once again, this is due to the lack of collagen being produced and a decrease in connective tissue in the hypodermis layer
How does the Photonix-3 Neck Solution work?
Using different settings, the Photonix-3 Neck Solution will help you work on specific needs to improve the appearance on your neck.
The initial setting is a massage setting. The massage motion is designed to trigger the production of collagen and elastin.
The Photonix -3 Neck Solution also has a magnetic heat lifting setting for sagging and wrinkled skin too. This reduces aging symptoms in the neck by reaching the fibroblasts and assisting them with restoration.
Fibroblasts are extremely important to the appearance of skin. Here’s why:
- Fibroblasts are found in the dermis layer of skin. Fibroblasts are connective tissue. Their main (and very important role) in skincare is maintaining the overall skin structure.
- Some studies have been conducted over the years, which prove that the presence of fibroblasts increases the chances of skin restoration from aging, scars, and many other skin- damaging factors.
- Fibroblasts are held accountable by the body to produce collagen.
Thanks to the magnetic heat lifting setting on the Photonix-3 Neck Solution, you’ll be able quickly and effectively stimulate fibroblasts to encourage skin restoration and overall skin structure. Simply use the device 2-3 times a week, day or night.
When the device is powered on, place the sensor against the skin on the neck area. The device will then start to pulsate shortly after. Select the mode you prefer, then move the Photonix-3 Neck Solution in an upward motion along your neck.
Photonix-2 Jade Eye Wand
What’s worse than being tired?
It’s looking tired when you’re actually not. Especially around the eyes, because the eyes are always the main focus of your face.
When those under-eye bags start to form, creases and discoloration will also begin to appear under the eyes shortly after. At this point, even the best topical creams and all the beauty sleep in the world may not be able to help with this.
But what causes these undereye bags, creases and discoloration?
Here are a few causes:
- Lack of rest and sleep
- Allergies and sinuses
- Smoking tobacco (there are ingredients in nicotine that disrupt sleeping patterns, and also ingredients in tobacco that weaken the elasticity and collagen in the face)
- Frequent alcohol use (alcohol dehydrates the body, which then causes puffiness under the eyes)
- Aging (muscle and fat capacity weakens, cell productivity slows, and this leads to saggy skin)
- Sun damage (too much exposure to the sun will weaken the collagen in your skin and interfere with the reproduction of collagen)
- Genetics and heredity
- Sleeping in makeup (allowing makeup to sit on your skin overnight can cause the skin to become irritable, which often results in swelling)
And then there are the undereye wrinkles that are also symptoms of tired eyes. These wrinkles and creases can really be hard to get rid of. Wrinkles around the eyes are normally caused by:
- Harmful UV rays
- Smoking – aging is the number one reason for facial wrinkles, but smoking comes a close second; this is because smoking restricts the blood vessels in the face and discourages healthy blood circulation
- Repetitive facial expressions – have you heard of sleep wrinkles? Here is a study which proved that certain sleep patterns will cause wrinkles on the face
The Jelessi Photonix-2 Jade Eye Wand has a setting for both wrinkles/anti-aging and puffiness.
The first mode is for wrinkles/anti-aging, and you can turn this on by pressing on the left button. Allow the device to heat up to 107 F, which should only take a minute or less. Make sure the red light is on while heating. Also, it is recommended that a moisturizer be placed on the area of treatment before beginning. Once the moisturizer is applied, gently massage the wand around the eyes for 5-7 minutes.
The second mode is for puffiness treatment, which can be activated by pressing the button on the right. This time, a blue light will appear. Once the light is on, gently massage the wand around the eye area for 5-7 minutes.
The Photonix-2 Jade Eye Wand should be used 2–3 times a week to achieve desired results.
It is very easy and convenient to incorporate the Jelessi devices into your existing skincare routine. All you have to do is spare a few minutes each week to massage the Jelessi wands on your areas of concern, and be prepared to enjoy a rejuvenated glow!